There are six sessions in Part 3 of The Journey/El Camino which explore Jesus and his teachings:
- Jesus Teaches Us Love – This session brings us to a dinner thrown by a prominent Pharisee, during which a “sinful” woman intrudes to ask for Jesus’ mercy. Jesus uses the occasion to teach about love.
- Jesus Teaches Us Justice – Jesus uses a parable to talk about the rich man and Lazarus; he gives us a very different idea of justice than most people have today.
- Jesus Shows Us Faithfulness – Mary Magdalene meets Jesus after his resurrection. What did her faithfulness allow her to see about him?
- Jesus Calls Us to Ongoing Conversion – A rich young man approaches Jesus to ask what he needs for eternal life. He eventually walks away. What did he have to see about himself in order to advance further?
- Jesus Sends Us on Mission – Before ascending to heaven, Jesus calls the Apostles to him and gives them the mission of bringing his Gospel to all nations. We have a chance to study Jesus’ trust, even when faced with his disciples’ doubt.
- Jesus Shows Us Discipleship – Cleopas and his companion meet the Risen Jesus on the road to Emmaus. This meeting shows us the heart of discipleship. What can we learn from the interaction?