by Magdalena Gutierrez
|Note: References are to the Lineamenta for the 2012 Synod of Bishops on The New Evangelization for the Transmission of the Faith. A link to this document is provided below.|
The Catholic Church is seeking to continue the mission of Christ, the Son of God and increase the world’s population capacity to experience God’s life within them. Our dynamic organization has been in the global community for over a thousand years. We have more than one billion members and hundreds of thousands locations. Our services have been cutting edge for spiritual, intellectual and social human development. There are opportunities to apply in all of our locations worldwide.
The candidates will create opportunities to encounter Christ and turn people’s hearts to him by encouraging personal conviction and change as part of our new evangelization global initiative. The job entails customer service skills and experience in teaching, healing or encouraging people. Desire to go out and engage in personal contact with potential clients is a must. Interested candidates must be available to apply for full time position, with flexible hours and willingness to be on call 24/7 (though periods of rest and sleep are permitted). Salary is commensurate with experience and passion, generally falling into the range that affords all candidates acquiring eternal life and perfect joy. Candidates looking for fame, status and praise need not apply.
Qualification and requirements
- A love for Christ and his Church that is visible.
- Capacity to explain the meaning of salvation to a postmodern culture.
- Familiarity with the Word of God in Scripture and Tradition a must.
- Basic awareness of the social, cultural, economic, political and religious practices, their most recent changes and the importance they have on the lives of people.
- Ability to listen and discuss the different aspects of life and dreams of people of different ages, education, and social class.
- Capacity to rejoice with the gifts God gives to people around him.
- Desire to grow and enhance human capabilities: intellectual, emotional and psychological.
- Capacity to understand that “what is not believed or lived cannot be transmitted.” (Lineamenta #12)
Have received the joy of knowing Jesus Christ and have a personal friendship and daily contact with him in prayer. Made the personal decision to be a follower of Jesus Christ and learn to love as He asked. Experience of hope in times of pain and suffering are a plus.
Note: People who suffer from chronic depression, cynicism, omniscience, or are unable to accept that God is using different models of communication to reach his children are encouraged to take training courses before applying for employment. Those who are not yet convinced that the message of Jesus Christ must be communicated to all human beings will be the first to receive the message of the new evangelization.
The new evangelizers will have the responsibility to promote the concept of the “new evangelization” as “synonymous with renewed spiritual efforts in the life of faith within the local Churches, starting with a process to discern the changes in various cultural and social settings and their impact on Christian life, to reread the memory of faith and to undertake new responsibilities and generate new energies to joyously and convincingly proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ.”(Lineamenta # 5)
Knowledge of these areas is an additional asset
- Familiarity with the Lineamenta for the upcoming 2012 Synod of Bishops on the new evangelization and its questions for reflection.
- Familiarity with the catechumenate as the Church’s model for transmitting the faith and inspiring ecclesial renewal (Lineamenta #14).
- Familiarity with the relationship between evangelization and catechesis.
- Familiarity with the practice of the “initial proclamation” and the conversion process (Lineamenta #19).
To apply applicants must pray and believe that the Holy Spirit will show them where to send their application. For more information, please read the preparatory document for the Synod of Bishops on the new evangelization, to be held in October 2012.