The Mission of Evangelization
You have not viewed any products recently.
ENVISION brings to life the Mission of the Church
- Based on Jesus’ commission to the disciples: Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you (Matthew 28:19-20).
- Grounded in Go and Make Disciples, A National Plan and Strategy for Catholic Evangelization in the United States (1992), with its three goals for carrying out the mission of the new evangelization:
- to live the Catholic faith more fully.
- to invite others to share the fullness of the Catholic faith.
- to foster the transformation of the world in Christ.
ENVISION guides a parish community to develop goals that:
- build the enthusiasm of parishioners for living their faith fully;
- support welcoming communities where all people may hear the message of salvation in Jesus Christ;
- increase invitations to inactive members to return;
- encourage ecumenical and inter-religious dialogue and
- foster transforming action that brings gospel values to the family, neighborhood, workplace, and society at large.
What is the ultimate goal of ENVISION?
The ultimate goal of ENVISION is to help a parish to focus or focus anew its resources and ministries on the evangelizing mission of the Church in a very intentional and public way, in a way that is highly participative and transforming.