Celebrating 40 years of service to the Church
Since 1977, Paulist Evangelization Ministries (PEM) has been dedicated to a new vision of an evangelizing Church.
Beginning with Fr. Alvin A. Illig, CSP, founding director of PEM, the Paulists have given continual service to a vision of a missionary Church. Fr. Illig’s dynamic energy also animated the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops’ first office of evangelization where he served as executive director beginning in 1977.
Father Illig’s legacy and vision continue in the efforts of PEM today. From Lay Celebrations of Evangelization, to Share the Word, to Disciples in Mission, to Paulist Prison Ministries, to the numerous efforts we continue today, PEM has been a strong, consistent, innovative, and faithful voice heralding evangelization as the essential mission of the Church.
Paulist Evangelization Ministries: A unique voice for Catholic evangelization
- Keeping a focus on “the lost sheep”— those not involved in a parish community.
- Working in and through parish structures.
- Emphasizing the positive dimensions of people’s lives and culture.
- Providing practical, effective, and user-friendly materials.
- Offering relevant webinars and training.
- Exploring new dimensions of reaching out to share the saving Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Equipping clergy, religious, and laity to evangelize in their parish and pastoral settings.
- Continuing the legacy of Servant of God, Fr. Isaac Hecker, founder of the Paulist Fathers.
- Faithful to the missionary spirit of St. Paul.
Make a Gift that Keeps on Giving
In our Anniversary Year, please make a sacrificial gift to expand the missionary efforts of Paulist Evangelization Ministries. Your gift will become part of our mission endowment to provide ongoing support in our efforts to reach the unreached in faith.